Tips For Deep Cleaning Your Kitchen Cabinets
Kitchen counters and kitchen floors typically receive much more attention when it comes to cleaning. What about your kitchen cabinets? How often do you clean them? Dust, grease, splatters, and dirt may collect in your kitchen cabinets if you disregard cleaning them.
Eventually, this becomes a health risk. Your kitchen cabinets need to be regularly cleaned. Here’s how to do it:
• You should empty your kitchen cabinets before deep cleaning them. All residue and crumbs should be removed by vacuuming inside the cabinets. Make sure you wipe your interior cabinets.
• The interior of your cabinets should be washed using a solution of warm water and a mild detergent. This removes any dirt, dust, and other cooking residues that may have been left in the cabinets.
• Rinse the damp cloth and wash the cabinets once more. Thereafter, use a dry cloth to wipe the cabinet surfaces. This ensures no water is left on the surfaces.
• A solution of warm water and liquid dish soap can be used to remove any residue build-up on your cabinets’ surfaces. Dish soap can act as a degreaser. You can also use an all-purpose cleaner to clean your cabinets. Remember to read the instructions before using it.
• Always begin at the top as you work your way down. Don’t forget to clean the cabinet sides and edges. Rinse thoroughly to make sure no dirt is left. Finally, use a dry cloth to remove any water that may have settled.
• Don’t forget to wipe cabinet knobs, pulls, and handles. A solution of warm water and vinegar should be used for metal hardware. Vinegar easily cuts through any grease on cabinet surfaces. Finish cleaning your exterior cabinets using a dry cloth.
Your kitchen cabinets need to be deep cleaned regularly. Spills should be immediately wiped with a sponge or damp cloth. Deep cleaning can help remove dirt, dust, and other kitchen residues. This needs to be done regularly to eliminate any health risks.
If you have a grease trap installed in your kitchen, clean it also. Don’t wait for your grease trap to full. Clean it from a pro or to a grease trap pumping service.